Today you will be planning and writing your non-chronological report (this should be a 1-2 page piece of writing, NO LESS, and should be written using most features below).
Non-Chronological Report Features
- Third Person
- Formal language
- Sub-headings and information organised in sections.
- Passive and active sentences - 'the cow is taken to the supermarket vs the farmer takes the cow to the supermarket'
- Proper nouns
- Specific /technical nouns
- Commas in a list
- Bullet Points
- Mainly present tenses (simple, perfect and progressive)
- Past Tense (when recalling historical origin)
- Semi Colons
- Relative Clauses
- ISPACE sentence starters, especially conjunctions.
- Rhetorical questions
- Parenthesis using dashes, commas and brackets
Your non-chronological report will be about the animal that you have chosen to research.
Reading Skills Activity linked to Children's Mental Health Awareness week
Complete the task based on the short story, "Blanket" by Nicola Skinner
Children's Mental Health Awareness Week / PHSE
Here are some resources you could use this week.