Please read the text below and answer the questions that go with it in as much detail as possible.
Billy was howling because his whole day had been spoilt. All his work had been broken by the wave. His mum came over to help but she accidentally stepped on the one tower that was left. "Never mind", she said. "Let's go back for tea. You can build some more towers tomorrow."
1. Are there any words your don't understand? What are they? Can you find them in a dictionary or online? What do they mean?
2. Write a summary of what is happening in the story.
3. Do you get any pictures in your mind as you read this? What are they?
4. Reread sentence one and two, what is happening at this point in the story?
5. I'm wondering how old Billy is...? How old do you think he is, how do you know? What work has he been doing? What happened to his work?
6.Reread sentence three. What did mum do? What do you think the tower was made up of? What happened to the other towers?
7. Reread sentence four and five. What is happening? What time of day do you think it is? How do you know? Mum said Billy could build some more towers tomorrow, what does this tell us?
8. When you read, do questions sometimes pop into your head? Or do you sometimes predict what can happen next? What do you predict will happen next?
On Monday afternoons we do ICT, why not play prodigy or practice times table rock stars? Alternatively you could watch The Midnight Gang on BBC Iplayer as this is our class book.
If you do this, write down, which is your favourite character and why?
If you could wish for anything what would you wish for and why?