Task 1: Reflect on the progress of the story
Look back at the predictions made at the beginning of the topic and think about what you have found out so far.
- Jot down your answers to these questions:
- Why are the failing lights so important?
- What animals have been mentioned?
- What do the people eat?
- Why does everyone leave school at age 12?
- What have you worked out about Granny?
- When is the book set?
- What is the year and what does this tell us?
- What is beyond the city? Why don’t they know?
- Who were the Builders?
- Why did Granny have the box?
Note: You don't have to write each of the questions out, just number your answers.
TASK 2: Read chapter 12 and mind map your ideas to the follow questions:
- p.156 – ‘What he saw made him gasp’ What do they think he’s seen? How would he feel to discover this?
- Bottom of p.157 – Doon finds Lina. What do you think will happen in the conversation?