Wednesday 15th September 2021
Watch the youtube video. Sunny goes on a journey. He visits lots of different places.
Where does he go?
What problems does he encounter?
Can you draw each day in the story board and write down the problem below.
See worksheet below. You can always just draw the days and write the problem if you don't have a printer or wish not to print.
Thursday 16th September 2021
Can you write about what happened to Sunny at one of the places? Where did he go and what day? What was the problem? How did he feel and why?
Steps for success:
Full stops and capital letters
Mention how Sunny is feeling
Friday 17th September 2021
The class will be sitting a spelling test...can you look at the spelling page and practice spelling some of the words.
Tips to support your child writing sentences
- Encourage your child to say the sentence they wish to write out loud. If you have a way to record this sentence, then do, it will really help!
- Together count how many words are in the sentence. Use fingers to count.
- Draw lines for where the words will sit - check there are the same amount of lines for the words your child counted in their sentence.
- Encourage your child to hear the first the sound of each of their words in their sentence. You can download the sound mats for support.
- Get the child to write the first letter of each word down on the lines.
- Then either get your child to retell the sentence again or press play on the recording. Listen to each word at a time and focus on sounding each word out. (It's okay if they don't know all the sounds! They may know the first and end sound and that's still amazing and they need to be praised for how well they are doing)
- Once they have sounded each word out. Ask your child what does the sentence need at the beginning and what does it need at the end. Capital letter and a full stop.
- Some children may only need to write one sentence per lesson and that's absolutely fine especially when they have worked so hard!