White Rose Maths
At St Teresa's we use White Rose Maths for our maths planning. Below is a yearly overview of the topics covered in Year 5.
Please visit the White Rose website for any additional information.
Our current topic is 'Decimals'. Below is an overview of what we will be learning in this unit.
- Decimals up to 2 d.p.
- Decimals as fractions (1)
- Decimals as fractions (2)
- Understand thousandths
- Thousandths as decimals
- Rounding decimals
- Order and compare decimals
- Understand percentages
- Percentages as fractions and decimals
- Equivalent F.D.P
- Adding decimals within 1
- Subtracting decimals within 1
- Complements to 1
- Adding decimals – crossing the whole
- Adding decimals with the same number of decimal places
- Subtracting decimals with the same number of decimal places
- Adding decimals with a different number of decimal places
- Subtracting decimals with a different number of decimal places
- Adding and subtracting wholes and decimals
- Decimal sequences
- Multiplying decimals by 10, 100 and 1,000
- Dividing decimals by 10, 100 and 1,000