White Rose Maths
At St Teresa's we use White Rose Maths for our maths planning. Below is a yearly overview of the topics covered in Year 5.
Please visit the White Rose website for any additional information.
Our current topic is 'Place Value'. Below is an overview of what we will be learning in this unit.
- Recap 1,000s, 100s, 10s and 1s
- Numbers to 10,000
- Recap Rounding to the nearest 10
- Recap Rounding to the nearest 100
- Rounding to 10, 100 and 1,000
- Numbers to 100,000
- Compare and order numbers to 100,000
- Round numbers within 100,000
- Numbers to a million
- Counting in 10s, 100s, 1,000s, 10,000s and 100,000s
- Compare and order numbers to one million
- Round numbers to one million
- Negative numbers
- Roman numerals