Across the school PE is recognised as an important aspect of the whole school ambition to provide a broad and balance curriculum, that at least meets or exceeds the National Curriculum. It is our intention to;
- Engage children in PE from a young age that allowing them to participate in sporting activities that they enjoy and inspires a love of physical activity;
- Give children the opportunity to build their character and demonstrate sportsmanship and fair play in the context of physical activities;
- Encourage children to develop their skills of collaboration in the context of sport, be a positive team member whilst participating in activities where all abilities are present;
- Identify children with an aptitude for sport and provide opportunities to excel;
- Provide opportunities for children to experience a range of activities that extends their learning and resilience;
- Supply children with the awareness of physical activities positive impact on mental health and wellbeing.
- Ensure children understand that a healthy lifestyle includes both physical activity and good nutrition.
The PE curriculum and St Teresa’s should enable all children to enjoy their learning and help them cultivate an ambition to lead a healthy lifestyle.